The mission of Hope For The Hungry is to "Share the Bread of Life with a Starving World". God has called us to serve people who suffer from hunger that is both spiritual and physical. According to scriptural mandate, we offer food for the body and salvation for the spirit to those who do not know Jesus Christ and will suffer eternal death without Him.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Good morning from Kenya

Good morning from Nairobi, Kenya.   It is a nice, cool morning here and the team is looking forward to starting our ministry.

Today is a day of rest for us.   Sometimes rest seems so counter-intuitive to me.  I feel the need to fill all my time "doing" things that are "productive", as if my life is measured by a punch clock.   But rest is healthy and rest is beneficial because in it we find much needed time for silence and reflection.  As I look out the window on the tranquil courtyard at our hotel, I prayerfully consider what is in front of our team this next couple of weeks.  As I consider our schedule, I am grateful for the rest I will get today.

Pray for our team and our preparation.  We will have the opportunity to be in several schools and in front of many young people during our time here.   Pray that God's message is clear and that we speak  only through the power of His Spirit.

Pray for me and for Clint as we will both be preaching on Sunday morning.  Pray for boldness as we share God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment